The best backyard quinceanera ideas inspire party planners and impress guests. This list of quince ideas delivers tips and wonderful backyard quinceanera inspiration that transform a Chicago backyard into a beautiful celebration for the guest of honor.
How to Plan a Backyard Quince
Even a small quinceanera requires quite a bit of planning, so party planners should start early (between 6-12 months before the party date). One of the huge benefits of a backyard quinceanera is that the venue is already set, though homeowners should contact their local municipality about curfews and other issues that may impact the party.
- Choose the date for the quinceanera.
- Set a budget.
- Choose a theme. (Use the list of quince theme ideas below.)
- Draft and finalize the quinceanera guest list.
- Choose a court.
- Contact party vendors (i.e. Chicago tent rental company, caterer, décor, DJ, photographer, videographer, etc.)
- Confirm vendors.
- Purchase a dress perfect for the occasion.
- Send out invites. (Save-the-dates can also be sent out well in advance.)
- Confirm the menu and cake.
- Finalize details.
- Enjoy a wonderful quinceanera!
Quince Theme Ideas
There are so many fantastic theme ideas for a quinceanera! Every theme idea is the start of a wonderful 15th birthday party with themed details:
- Movie Star
- Under the Sea
- Masquerade Ball
- Great Gatsby
- Tea Party
- Enchanted Woods
- Rose Garden
- Pretty in Pink
- Silver and Gold
- Sweets for the Sweet (Candy/Dessert)
- Night in Paris
- Fairy Tale
- Alice In Wonderland
- Night Under the Stars
A quinceanera theme is just the start of a wonderful and lavish birthday party. A theme gives an event planner direction so they can coordinate every detail into a wonderful atmosphere. For further ideas, contact an equipment specialist with experience in event planning.
Tips for Planning a Backyard Quince
- Always provide cover for guests, such as a tent or shelter, for guests in case of inclement weather or a very hot day. If renting a tent, choose a location in advance. In addition to the event date and address, tent rental companies need to know the approximate size of the area available for the tent, approximate guest count, list of equipment needed (i.e. tables, chairs, fans, etc.), and the surface under the tent (i.e. grass, decking, concrete, etc.)
- Set an approximate lay out well in advance of the quince so planners can make and rent adequate equipment.
- Consider renting fans to keep guests comfortable if the weather forecast is hot. For a larger gathering, a climate-controlled system can keep guests comfortable with air conditioning or heat.
- Keep guests hydrated with drinks (such as signature non-alcoholic cocktails) at portable stations and chill tables. Plan on placing these stations near the dance floor for easy access.
- Rent screens to showcase the guest of honor. If the gathering is large enough, consider renting an audio system and microphone so speeches can be delivered without yelling.
- Get a big enough dance floor so guests are comfortable and can dance the night away. (Use this post to decide how big of a dance floor to rent.)
- Create beautiful picture backdrops throughout the party for memorable photos.
Backyard Quince Inspirational Ideas
Roll out the red carpet with a beautiful entryway.
Add chandeliers for a touch of elegance.
Set the scene with beautiful table linens.
Use beautiful uplighting to create drama and set the mood.
For a unique touch, consider elegant or colorful paper lanterns.
Be creative with seating and event layout.
Add fashionable lounge areas for comfortable mingling.
Bring the outdoors into the party with a clear tent.
Consider adding many different kinds of entertainment (i.e. dancing, photo booth, dessert tables, etc.)
Be as bold as the guest of honor.