You have heard the phrase “June Bride”, but do you know why June was so popular for weddings? Once upon a time, June weddings were big. June was the most popular month for weddings. Let’s take a look back at the history of June weddings:
- June was named after Juno, the Roman goddess of marriage and childbirth. In ancient time, it was thought that couples that married in June would be blessed with prosperity and happiness.
- Couples marrying in June would give birth in spring, increasing their chance of survival after a long, often lean winter. Spring births were considered good luck and would also give the bride enough time to recover for the fall harvest, the busiest time of the year.
- June signifies the arrival of warm weather and the time to put away winter clothing. During Medieval times, the annual bath was taken sometime in May for the May Day celebration. In June, couples were still reasonably fresh and clean from their bath. The addition of a bridal bouquet would give off a scent that would hide any noticeable body odor.
Since these reasons are no longer relevant to couples today, things are changing. Fall is now the most popular time of year to get married according to most wedding experts. October weddings are now extremely popular. Some of the reasons might be:
- Spring rains and the summer heatwave are avoided. Fall weather is cooler and more pleasant than other times of the year.
- The summer vacation conflict is avoided so more guests will be able to attend and celebrate on your big day.
- Fall foliage creates a wonderful natural backdrop for outdoor weddings and picture taking.
There are a variety of reasons for picking a particular time of year or date. Whatever you choose, consider an outdoor tent wedding. A tent is like a blank slate upon which you can build your own world, creating the most memorable experience for both you and your guests. Are you planning a big elegant event or a small casual intimate gathering? Do you envision a traditional white wedding or a festive colored celebration? No two weddings are ever the same. Visit our Wedding page for beautiful photos and great ideas. Contact Indestructo Party Rental at 847-375-8510 to speak to one of our experienced event planners to help create the wedding of your dreams.